Monday, November 3, 2008

November is a time for gratitude, so with that in mind...
this blog goes to my husband who is out of town this week and who keeps reminding me how lucky I am that it is only a week and not longer. You know how things kind of get taken for granted when you have them near? Yeah well I guess I'm guilty of that on an unfortunately regular basis. So you know how life seems easy when he's around but you don't notice how easy until he's not there to do the little things that actually make your life easier but that you took fo granted before, yeah guilty again. You know that you would actually feel safer knowing that when the bump in the middle of the night is really loud, he's the one who gets out of bed to check it out. Or when one of the kids wakes in cold sweat with a super high fever and he is there ready to bless this child that you both love so dearly. Oh yeah, like when you are throwing a pamperd chef party and he cleans the carpets for you at night before the party...did I take that for granted? Sorry if I did, I AM greatful. Or when you are getting five kids dressed and combed for church and he quietly slips into the kitchen and gets something ready for lunch so that when church is over we are not waiting two hours to eat. Yeah I guess there are so many things in life I take for granted...like it's only a week. I love you.
For all those who share their spouce to defend our freedoms and to keep the dream of America alive...thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

Becca said...

How sweet. I think we all take our spouses for granted too often. As for the lists...it is kind of a blog thing. When you read one of those things on someone elses blog you are supposed to then do the same thing on your blog. You want a good one to start with then do the 101 things about you. They are a lot of fun.