Sunday, August 16, 2009

Well Alia's birthday came all to soon! Three is a great big number when it is your last little one. I didn't have a lot of prep time but we were able to go to the movies for free! Free is good! Then we went to McDonald's, and had a fun air conditioned play time. Eva and Jacob went along with us the whole summer to the summer free movie Tuesdays. It turned into a tradition for us.
But this day made me sad and joyous. Sad because you know these tender years are passing before your eyes all too fast. If I don't appreciate these small moments they will pass me by and I will never again have them again.
Joyous because you want to see them progress, grow, become their own individual person, see who they are and how they think. But still I don't want her hands to get any bigger or her hugs to get fewer.

No comments: