Sunday, August 16, 2009

Youth Conference

So soon right after camp they called me to be YW Pres.! Wow how much fun and excitement can one person be blessed with in one year let alone one month!!!! When I say right after camp I literally mean right after camp, because Youth conference was right around the corner and I was called the Sunday before youth conference. So much fun. I didn't get many pictures because I was running ragged here and there but it was a fun filled spiritual, and positively enchanting time. The youth had so many great learning opportunities. They played a life size game of LIFE where all of life came at them in an instant one minute they were graduating from high school and the next they were married with five children! They learned the pros and cons of getting or not getting an education, marrying the "right" person, making the right choices, etc. It was all very good and they really seemed to get the picture. The set of pics that I did get were on the last day and they did a ropes course and team building. This is Alieta, one brave soul in our YW that i was able to get pics of. Fun stuff, wish I'd had the extra money to do it myself (heehehehehe - sometimes it pays to not have money!)

1 comment:

Camille Hammond said...

I've been thinking about you this week. How are you? I'll try to give you a call in the next few days. You're doing a great job!